We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Sweet pies and tarts
- Fruit pies and tarts
- Berry pies and tarts
- Strawberry pies and tarts
Fresh strawberries are arranged in a shopbought pastry case, then covered with a fresh strawberry and Grand Marnier glaze. Absolutely easy and delicious! Serve with whipped cream.
Greater London, England, UK
20 people made this
- 1 (23cm) ready-made shortcrust pastry case
- 150g fresh strawberries, hulled
- 175ml water
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®)
- 450g fresh strawberries, hulled
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:4hr chilling › Ready in:4hr35min
- Preheat an oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Bake the pastry case in the preheated oven until puffed and golden-brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Puree 150g of strawberries in a liquidiser until smooth. Pour pureed strawberries into a saucepan. Stir in the water, sugar and cornflour. Bring to the boil over medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in the orange liqueur. Set aside.
- Arrange the remaining strawberries decoratively in the prepared pastry case. Pour the glaze over the berries. Refrigerate until glaze is set, about 4 hours.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(11)
Reviews in English (7)
it was great! made it yesterday for my parents wedding (today) and since i made the pastry and had extra mini tarts to try which were delicious lets just hope everything goes to plan! also i didn't use the liqueur (being 12!) but made a sugar syrup instead.-03 Aug 2013
with fresh plant city strawberry season right around the corner i tried this and not only was it easy it was really beautiful. my guest didnt have a clue...-10 Feb 2010
I was pleasantly surprised by this pie. It turned out very well, much better than expected. I might add a little more cornstartch next time because it was a little runny but had a great flavor! I will be making this again.-28 Feb 2010