We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Chicken pizza
This is a rich deep-dish pizza that calls for a creamy sauce instead of the usual tomato. Using an array of shop-bought ingredients means you have time to make your own pizza base, which is both easy and immensely satisfying!
54 people made this
- 260ml warm water (45 degrees C)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 400g bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dried milk powder
- 2 teaspoons dried active baking yeast
- 2 tablespoons polenta (cornmeal)
- 225ml shop-bought four cheese sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 280g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cooked shop-bought or leftover chicken breasts, diced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:2hr rising › Ready in:2hr50min
- Place warm water, salt, oil, bread flour, milk powder and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- Preheat oven to 240 C / Gas 9. Sprinkle a swiss roll tin with polenta. Roll or pat dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is the diameter of the tin; transfer to tin.
- Spread dough with cheese sauce, then sprinkle with garlic. Cover with cheese. On top of the pizza, arrange chicken, green pepper, onion and tomato.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until base is baked, cheese is melted and toppings are lightly browned.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(54)
Reviews in English (40)
This pizza is really great. I followed the recipe exactly as given, except after baking I brushed the edge of the crust with a little garlic butter to keep it softer. This is very tasty and easy. Definitely will be making this again and again and... I think almost any vegetable could be substituted in this recipe. (P.S. Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Sauce is made by Ragu and is with the other jarred spaghetti sauces.)-22 Aug 2004
This is a great tasting and super easy recipe! I used Boboli for the crust and Classico alfredo sauce that I added minced garlic to. Topped with organic fire roasted tomatoes, mozarella, grilled chicken breast pieces and green onion. Yum!-19 Feb 2006