We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
A light lunch, or serve with cheese and tortillas. Also good as a side dish with your favourite Mexican food.
84 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 courgettes, diced
- 1 green chilli, seeded and chopped
- 175g (6 oz) frozen sweetcorn
- 1 (400g) tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring until translucent. Add courgette and chilli, and sauté until soft. Stir in corn and beans, and heat through. Season with salt to taste.
If you can't find tinned black beans, use dried or tinned kidney beans.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(85)
Reviews in English (64)
This is delicious and unique! I love the combination of zuchinni, beans, and corn. I omitted the poblano and added about 1 tsp. of ground cumin and 1 tsp. of chili powder to perk up the flavors. I served with low-fat cheddar cheese and taco sauce. I can't wait to have this again!!-27 Sep 2003
Somewhat bland. My grandmother's recipe always used jalapeno, diced red pepper, fresh cut corn off the cob, diced zucchini & yellow squash and perhaps a bit of cilantro and no beans. We use this as a filling for a warm tortilla. It's a nice meatless meal.-07 Aug 2003
Easy! I prepared this the night before and carried it to a pitch-in. It was a great side with the fajitas that were served. I did add a can of tomatoes and chilis. I am glad I did. I think it would have been a bit bland. It was also great warmed up and covered with a bit of cheese. I'll make it again.-06 May 2008