We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Pepper soup
- Roasted pepper soup
A colourful pepper soup that is really easy and takes only 20 minutes to make. It's packed full of flavour from the roasted red peppers and herbs. The fresh tortellini makes the soup a substantial meal, perfect for midweek.
100 people made this
- 3 (290g) jars roasted red peppers
- 825ml chicken stock
- 225g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 515g fresh cheese tortellini, uncooked
MethodPrep:12min ›Cook:8min ›Ready in:20min
- Place roasted red peppers in a liquidiser or food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, mix roasted red peppers, chicken stock and mushrooms. Season with basil, oregano, garlic granules, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to the boil. Stir in tortellini and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(97)
Reviews in English (80)
by Joel & Lauren
This soup was great! It would be great as just a plain soup too. I roasted my own red peppers, and guessed by using 4. It wasn't nearly enough, so I reduced the other ingredients. I'd probably try 7 peppers next time. I'll definitely make it again.-23 Oct 2008
This was a tasty recipe and we will definetly make it again. The only thing we different was added some heavy cream as suggested by another member. Thanks for the recipe!-09 Mar 2006
Excellent soup! I didn't use all the pasta, only 1/3. I also added extra broth since it thickened too quickly. Added a few tbsp of whipping cream at the end.-03 Dec 2008