We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Seafood pasta
- Salmon pasta
A delicious pasta dish made from spaghetti and fresh salmon fillets, which are tossed in a tomato and basil sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese. Perfect with a salad or steamed vegetables.
91 people made this
- 225g dry spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 4 (115g) salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 40g Parmesan cheese, grated
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:45min
- Fill a large saucepan with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the spaghetti and return to the boil. Cook the spaghetti uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the spaghetti has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Reserve 250ml of the pasta water. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place onion and garlic in the frying pan in an even layer then lay salmon fillets on top. Place a lid on the frying pan and cook the salmon until it flakes easily and the onions are tender. Flake all of the salmon. Season with salt and pepper, then reduce the heat to medium. Toss the spaghetti, tomatoes and basil with the salmon and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Stir in some of the pasta water if the pasta becomes dry.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(54)
Reviews in English (38)
A super quick but filling dish. I used dried basil and tinned tomatoes as that is what I had in, the basil being added with the fish. I also put in some finely diced peppers and mushrooms and used the tinned juice to moisten it rather than pasta water. Well worth a go!-07 Aug 2012
Great last minute recipe. I used canned salmon, as it's all I had, and I was having one of those "what am I making for dinner?!!" moments, searched salmon and pasta and lo and behold this one came up. I added zuchini. It was excellent!-05 Oct 2009