We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
A delicious Latin American sauce of fresh coriander and tomatillos (green husk tomatoes) with shredded chicken. Serve over steamed white rice or with tortilla crisps.
105 people made this
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- 200g (7 oz) tomatillos, puréed
- 300g (11 oz) chicken meat - cooked, and cubed or shredded
- 8 tablespoons chicken stock
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, then stir in coriander. Add tomatillos and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and stock, mix all together and heat through (do not over-stir the chicken). Serve hot.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(111)
Reviews in English (79)
I mixed this up because it seemed like it needed more. I used red onion and added red bellpepper, garlic, black beans and diced green chili peppers. Also for flavor added some cumin, red pepper and a dash of chili powder. YUM.-27 Feb 2007
by Tammy Adkins Byerly
We have this fairly often. My husband loves it even though the first time he saw it he had definite reservations. I sprinkle a little cheddar on top ours. It's equally good over either chips or rice. But my favorite way to use this recipe is as a quesadilla filler (again, with a little cheddar.)-01 Jun 2005
This was very tasty. I just gobbled it down in a big soup bowl. I will probably make this again, and I will take the suggestion to serve it over steamed rice, and perhaps with tortilla chips. The dish was somewhat soupy, as a previous reviewer complained, but I'm sure that rice will nicely soak it up, making it very tasty too. Also, I used cubed chicken; next time I will try to take the time to shred it instead; I think that will give the chicken more surface area to absorb the other flavors. I also appreciated that this was a quick dish to make.-18 Oct 2006