We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Main course
- Lamb curry
This mild lamb curry is made with apples and raisins and sweetened with dark brown sugar. If you are making this for a crowd, you can easily do so a day before and it will taste even better! Serve with pilau rice, poppadoms and mango chutney.
31 people made this
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 1.5kg lamb stew meat
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 large Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 225ml chicken stock
- 80g raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:1hr30min ›Ready in:2hr
- Place the flour in a resealable sandwich bag and season with salt and pepper. Add the lamb and shake until evenly coated with flour. Melt half of the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb in batches until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per batch; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining butter. Stir in the onions, and cook until the onions have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, curry powder, apples, stock, raisins and browned lamb. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the lamb is very tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Stir in the lemon juice and cook 2 minutes before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(26)
Reviews in English (24)
Added more curry powder. Loved it-05 Nov 2013
Made this for 20 (It multiplied up fine) when catering on a Mountain Rescue Search Dogs training weekend. Went down a treat especially after a day on the hill. Used eating apples instead of Granny Smiths and some dried apricots as well as raisins and left out the sugar.-03 Feb 2017
This was great! I made one change, I left out the raisins and added more curry powder. I served the mixture over rice. Then I had a choice of condo mints to place on top, such as mango chutney, raisins, coconut, banana, bacon, chopped onions, chopped eggs, and peanuts. Delicious and a huge hit with family and guests-16 Dec 2011