We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
This simple bake has comfort food written all over it. Chilli con carne is topped with hash browns, baked, then topped with melted cheese, crispy bacon and spring onions.
31 people made this
- 450g minced beef
- 2 (400g) tins chilli con carne
- 900g frozen hash browns
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- 225g processed cheese, such as Kraft singles, unwrapped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat an oven to 230 C / Gas 8.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and stir in the minced beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess fat. Stir in the tinned chilli and mix thoroughly. Spread the chilli mixture into a 23x33cm or similar sized baking tin, then top with a single layer of hash browns.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and hash browns are crisp, 18 to 22 minutes. Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, deep frying pan and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon on a kitchen towel-lined plate. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Melt the processed cheese in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes (depending on your microwave). Pour melted cheese over the potato rounds and top with bacon and chopped spring onions.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(33)
Reviews in English (22)
Interesting!!! breakfast or dinner, i was confused with the bacon bits in mince and hashbrowns on top it wasn't horrible just confusing and pyschologically harmful.-02 Feb 2013
I love the name! It totally suits this recipe,and we loved it! I used grated cheddar-mozza mix instead of the velveeta, it was great! We had this with a salad to feel somewhat balanced.-02 Feb 2010
by Alissa Wied
Holy Yummy this was good. I spread an 8oz package of cream cheese to the bottom of the pan, then added the meat, sprinkled sharp cheddar, added the tater tots and added some queso after it was on our plates. We all really enjoyed this and we'll definitely make it again!-24 Jan 2011